Black Chicken Balm of Ages Organic Body Balm – All Purpose Remedy (75g) is a multi-tasking skin care essential that can be used to treat skin conditions, hair and scalp, and moisturise hands and body. For centuries traditional communities have used nature as their pharmacy. Balm of Ages utilises this principle in bringing together a powerful all purpose remedy of 19 deeply penetrating/restorative ingredients:
• Shea Butter – High in essential fatty acids, natural antioxidants; known for its cell renewal and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Cocoa Butter – Known to be rich in vitamins and minerals. Absorbs easily to deeply hydrate.
• Beeswax – Made by young worker bees. Offers a protective barrier along with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral benefits.
• Sea Buckthorn – Clinically proven to improve symptoms of eczema and extreme dryness.
• Camellia Tea Oil – Used for centuries by the Japanese Geisha for face, hair, scalp and body care.
• Hempseed Oil – 80% essential fatty acid, one of the highest amount of any plant. It closely matches our own lipids and so is easily absorbed.
• Vitamin E Oil – Contains powerful antioxidants that are necessary to fight the free radicals and it also helps to keep your skin tight and firm.
• Jojoba Oil – Used by Native Americans for centuries. It mimics human sebum so it assists in balancing oil production. Great for scalp treatment and psoriasis and eczema relief.
• Coconut Oil – Used in traditional medicine for thousands of years. Great for hydrating and renewing skin.
• Calendula – Known for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Arnica – Reduces inflammation and redness. Used in the treatment of eczema, rashes, acne, scaring, bruises and insect bites.
• Lavender – Has anti-inflammatory and skin soothing properties.
• Patchouli – A tissue regenerator helping to stimulate the regrowth of skin cells.
• Cajuput – Traditionally used for its antiseptic and analgesic properties by Australian Aboriginals.
• Mandarin – Known to encourage the growth of new skin cells.
• Geranium – Used since ancient Egyptian times for its antiseptic and mild antibacterial properties.
• Sandalwood – Stimulates cell renewal and hydrates dry skin.
• Ylang Ylang – Has antiseptic properties and a balancing effect on sebum.
• Frankincense – Used for centuries for both its spiritual and its medicinal properties.
Balm of Ages top uses include:
• Soothing itchy, painful irritation immediately
• Relieving the symptoms of eczema and extremely dry-skin
• Soothing sunburn, minor scrapes and burns and rashes
• Minimising scars, stretch marks and bruises
• Scalp and hair restoration
• Removing makeup and cleansing the skin
• Curing dry cracked skin on your feet and elbows