Beloved by celebrities around the world, Vapour Organic Beauty promises beautiful, glowing skin without compromise. The cult favourite American brand has won numerous beauty awards (including the coveted Allure Best of Beauty Award), and has proven time and time again that it is one step ahead of the pack when it comes to creating natural cosmetics that truly perform.
Vapour strives for unparalleled purity, and contains only natural and toxin-free ingredients – including a minimum of 70% organic ingredients with the remaining 30% comprised of mineral pigments and essential oils. Here Vapour’s Co-Founder and CEO Krysia Boinis shares the brand’s journey to beauty stardom and reveals her favourite product picks for summer.
Krysia (right) completes a Vapour makeover
Krysia: “Kristine Keheley [Vapour Co-Founder] and I had been working together in Taos, New Mexico [in the U.S.A] for over a dozen years designing and manufacturing award winning natural and organic skincare products for major brands. We saw a need for organic colour cosmetics in the marketplace.
There was nothing ‘natural’ that either of us enjoyed using, but continuing to use chemical-laden conventional brands became unacceptable. We decided to take on the challenge and began developing organic colour formulas that would meet our expectations for sophisticated textures, depth of colour and luxury performance.
We soon realised we were creating products of a caliber that could replace the prestige brands that we had been using.
Vapour never contains any chemicals whatsoever. Conventional colour cosmetics typically contain a host of nasties including coal tar and petroleum-derived FD&C pigments. Even some brands claiming to be “natural” use FD&C pigments in some shades. Anyone with sensitivity to petroleum products should check labels for colours with numbers such as Red 40, Yellow 6, etc. These colourants have long been suspect, and many have been banned since their inception in the early 20th century because of proven toxicity dangers.
These dyes are also used in foods and many health experts believe they should be strictly avoided. Health concerns range from tumour growth, neurotransmitter alteration, endocrine disruption and ADD in children. In 2008 a UK ruling banned six specific food colourants. Despite the ban in the UK, the US continues to use these colourants. The UK has required companies like McDonalds and Fanta to use vegetable colourants in their products like pumpkin and carrot extract. Artificial colours aren’t necessary, just cheap and consistent without effort, no matter the health risk.
However, Vapour never contains plant colourants, either. Water-based, plant pigments are an interesting way to colour cosmetics, however using anything water-based means that aggressive bactericides are necessary to keep the product safe for use. Those chemical bactericides, such as parabens, are not necessary in Vapour because our products are all completely water-free. By designing formulas without water, we eliminate the need for harsh preservatives, which can be detrimental to your health.
Vapour truly blurs the line between skincare and makeup, suspending gorgeous colour blends in concentrated, moisturising bases bursting with antioxidant activity. Vapour’s bold approach to crafting high-performance cosmetics includes only the purest, active ingredients from the earth—and nothing else.
We design and manufacture Vapour in our own USDA Organic Lab. We make cosmetics to the highest food standard in the USA. With the highest purity standards and an unwavering commitment to both sustainability and luxury, Vapour reinvents organic beauty.
Our new palettes are inspired by fine artist palettes and are a must have for the spring and summer. These elegant trios fit conveniently in your makeup kit or evening clutch. Each curated Artist Multi-Use Palette includes best-selling shades of Aura Multi Use Blush, Siren Lipstick and our New Velvet Gloss formula.
A selection of Vapour's new palettes
A bouquet of cool roses, Afterglow Multi-Use Palette delivers a feminine flush and an irresistible glow.
Sexy and chic, Flame Multi-Use Palette’s warm peach and rich coral tones ignite any look.
The explosion of interest surrounding the launch of our Artist Palettes has inspired us to create a selection of new Eye Palettes and Multi Use Palettes for the seasons to come.
Want more Vapour Organic Beauty? Discover the full range here.
By Lauren Dunne