One of Mother Nature's best kept secrets is the benefits of organic rosehip oil to the skin. At Beautiful Because, we always say, if you are going to use just one natural ingredient, make this the one!
Rosehip oil is extracted from the hip of the rose. This is the fruit left once the rose has bloomed and lost its petals. Beauty professionals worldwide use and recommend the product to their clients for its following key benefits:
- Natural source of vitamin E – which is an anti-inflammatory anti-oxidant that calms and hydrates dry and sensitive skin. It also helps protect skin cells from sun damage.
- Natural source of essential fatty acids omega 3, 6 and 9 – which help repair and regenerate damaged skin tissue.
- Natural source of vitamin C – a skin brightening, anti-ageing antioxidant that helps improve the appearance of pigmentation and restore skin's tone. It also helps protect skin from the sun.
- Natural source of the powerful antioxidants lycopene, which helps improve skin texture and offer protection against premature ageing, and beta-carotene, which helps prevent free-radical damage responsible for skin ageing.
- High levels of Trans-Retinoic Acid are delivered directly to the epidermis, which converts to Vitamin A to boost the skin's natural healing process.
Rosehip Oil Uses
Rosehip oil is well-tolerated on all skin types (including oily; helping regulate your natural sebum production) and age groups and can be used for the following skin concerns:
- Scars and Burns
- Stretch Marks
- Dry and Sensitive Skin
- Sun Damage
- Acne and Acne Scarring
How to use Rosehip Oil
You can add rosehip oil to your natural skin care regime by applying it to damp skin after cleansing, morning and evening for best results. Like a serum, it is easily absorbed by the skin shouldn't leave behind an oily residue. You will only need a few drops.
You can apply your moisturiser over the top of the rosehip oil, or use it alone. Most skin types require an oil based moisturiser such as Rosehip oil, and SPF protection, to function at optimum health.
Clinical studies have shown, most first time users notice improvement of their skin's texture and concerns within three to six months.
Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
We stock a range of high quality, certified organic pure rosehip oils which contain 80% essential fatty acids and wrinkle-fighting vitamin A. Affordable and pure, our carefully selected rosehip oils are ethically sourced and certified organic, which ensures the finest quality oil with 80% (minimum) essential fatty acid (omega 3 and 6) and fatty acid (omega 9) content.
Some of our brands offer a blend of rosehip and other natural oils to target specific skin concerns or change the consistency of the oil.
- FROM ACURE - The Essentials Rosehip Oil is great value in a 30ml bottle from one of the USA's favourite affordable natural skin care brands.
- FROM INIKA - Shopping closer to home, Inika have a pure organic rosehip oil that is certified organic by the OFC (Organic Food Chain) in Australia who are extremely strict. Their range also includes an enriched rosehip oil that also has Kakadu Plum, Quandong, Lilli Pilli and Crown of Gold to help brighten skin and minimise open pores; this makes it a great choice for oily skin types.
- FROM THE JOJOBA COMPANY - a pure blend of just two of natures beautiful oils, Jojoba Oil + Rosehip Oil. The Jojoba acts as a carrier oil to get the Rosehip oil deeper in tot eh skin. It's quickly absorbed and packed with anti-oxidants and vitamins.
- FROM MV ORGANIC SKINCARE - Rose Plus Skin Booster, a delicate rosehip oil based product using the purest rose otto rosehip oil combined with jojoba, camellia, rosemary, vitamin E and geranium oils, for a lightweight formula ideal for the most sensitive skins.