Ritualistic self-care is the art of creating special moments to perform routines that nourish your body, your skin and your soul. If you would love to have 30 minutes for a quiet meditation and a facial but only have 3 minutes to spare, the following video shows how to use the core organic skin care range from MV Skintherapy to create both a day time ritual and a night time ritual that can be performed in that precious 3 minutes you have been able to carve out for yourself.
MV Skintherapy Daytime 3 Minute Ritual
- Prepare your basin or skin with warm to hot water.
- Smooth 1 to 2 pumps of MV Skintherapy Gentle Cream Cleanser on to DRY skin.
- Wet fingertips and gently massage for 15 seconds.
- Immerse your MV Skintherapy Compress Cloth in to the hot water and wring tightly to create a steamy compress.
- Hold the steamy Compress Cloth against your face (see video) and inhale deeply. Count to 5. Relax your shoulders and breathe. Take in the moment.
- Wipe away with a slow and deliberate movement.
- Re-immerse the Compress Cloth and repeat 2 to 4 times.
- Spritz the face with the MV Skintherapy Rose Hydrating Mist to make your treatment more effective.
- While the skin is still damp, apply MV Skintherapy Native Power Serum.
- Follow with 1 to 2 drops of your favourite MV Skintherapy Oil. Apply with relaxed palms.
- Finish with your favourite MV Skintherapy Moisturiser
FOR OILY SKIN - use half a pump and dilute with a spritz of Rose Hydrating Mist to create a lighter lotion
FOR NORMAL TO DRY SKIN - use one pump
MV Skintherapy Nighttime 3 Minute Ritual
- Dampen 2 x reusable soft cotton face pads with warm water.
- Place 4 drops of pure jojoba oil on the centre of each damp cotton face pad.
- Hold the face pad to the eye for 5 seconds and sweep away.
- Repeat if necessary.
Follow all the steps of the daytime cleanse as listed above
Follow the first 3 steps of the daytime ritual - mist, serum and oil. The moisturiser is not needed at night. Your skin will breathe and rejuvenate better without it.